Sayer, Joseph Robert
- First name(s)
- Joseph Robert
- Position(s) held at King's College London Ref: *3
Lecturer Evening Classes Arithmetic and Book Keeping, 1885-1893
Education & professional details
- Position(s) held (non King's College London) Ref: *4
- Clerk to Wholesale Fancy Dealer, 1871;
- Magistrates Clerk, Bow Street Police Court & Thames Court House, Stepney, 1877-
- Professional activities Ref: *5
Apprentice City of London Worshipful Co of Haberdashers 1870; Freeman City of London Worshipful Co of Haberdashers 1877.
- Date of birth Ref: *1
- Place of birth Ref: *1
- Date of death Ref: *2
- [13th July 1900]
- Place of death Ref: *2
- [Bitterne Park, Southampton]
- Family details Ref: *6
Son of Joseph Sayer, Commercial Clerk to Oil Warehouse (1830-1893) and Frances Sarah Hurst; siblings Charles b 1858; Henry b 1860; Fanny Amelia b 1862; Jessie Clara b 1864; Edward Waldo b 1865; Horace Alfred b 1867; Ernest Edmund b 1870; Septimus b 1873; Lilian b 1875; Fred b 1877; married Emily Morris on 9th January 1877 at Christ Church Camberwell
- In correspondence with King's College London Secretary during 1893, largely about money. Culminates in his resignation in July 1893. Note that many of his letters are embossed with " Thames Court House, Stepney" .
- Definitely in electoral register for Haberdashers, City of London in 1893-1894. Possibly also in Surrey Electoral Register for 1885 and Haberdashers, City of London Register for 1897 and 1898.
- BMD 1855 Greenwich Vol 1d Page 496, Censuses 1861, 1871, 1881
- BMD 1900 South Stoneham Vol 2c page 42, Index to Death Duty Registers IR27/580 TNA (via FindMyPast)
- King's College London Calendars 1885-1893, King's College London/IC/S140 1893
- Census 1871 & 1881, Worshipful Company of Haberdashers Register of Freeman 1877, inference from King's College London/IC/S140 1893 stamps
- Worshipful Company of Haberdashers, City of London Register of Apprentice Bindings 1870 and Register of Freemen 1877
- Census 1861, 1871, 1881, Marriage Register entry for Christ Church Camberwell, Southwark 1877, Plus Census 1891 for father only.