Peile, James Kenyon
- First name(s)
- James Kenyon
- Position(s) held at King's College London Ref: *5
Curator of the George III Museum and Superintendent of Workshop
Education & professional details
- School, college and/or university attended Ref: *4
School in Stoke Newington
- Qualifications Ref: *3
- Position(s) held (non King's College London)
- Professional activities
- Date of birth Ref: *1
- Place of birth Ref: *1
- Date of death Ref: *2
- 9th February 1892
- Place of death Ref: *2
- Family details Ref: *6
Son of Soloman Peile (merchant) and Ann; married Matilda Chadwick in Hampstead in 1866; 2 sons, 2 daughters.
Notes Ref: *7
Baptised on 24th November 1824 at St John at Hackney by Benjamin Peile, Curate of Bishop’s Hatfield.
He resigned from King's College London to look for post as civil engineer. His son Alfred married in Bombay in 1894, two male relations were in the church.
He left £6655 in his will, executed by his brother Frederick Weston Peile, retired Lieutenant-General Royal engineers, and Ann Kinsey, a widow.
Buried 16th February 1892 in All Hallows, Tottenham, ceremony performed by Arthur Peile, officiating minister.
- London, England Births & baptisms 1813-1906, 1861, 1871, 1881 census
- England & Wales Death Registration Index 1837-2007, London England Deaths & Burials 1813-1980, England & Wales national Probate calendar 1858-1966
- 1861, 1871, 1881 census
- 1841 census
- 1861, 1871, 1881 census, England & Wales marriage registration Index 1837- 2005
- KA/IC/P18, India marriages 1792-1948, England & Wales national Probate calendar 1858-1966