Kirkaldy, Patrick Henry
- First name(s)
- Patrick Henry
- Position(s) held at King's College London
- Assistant Demonstrator of Chemistry; 1894-1900
- Evening Class Assistant Demonstrator of Chemistry; 1895-
- Demonstrator of Chemistry; 1900-1909
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry. 1909-1919
- Fellow of King's College London 1909
Education & professional details
- School, college and/or university attended
Brewers' Company's School, George Green's School, Poplar (his father was a school governor); Kings College London from 1891; Daniell Scholarship in 1894
- Qualifications Ref: *1
Associate of the Chemical Society (F.I.C.) 1893, elected Fellow 1895 and Council Member from 1916.
- Position(s) held (non King's College London)
- Clerk New Oriental Bank, Threadneeedle St. London, 1887-1891
- Examiner to the Pharmaceutical Society from 1920
- Member of the Analytical Society from 1907 (Society of Public Analysts)
- Hon. Treasurer of the Institute of Chemistry, 1924-1936
- Professional activities
Assisted in the training of candidates for the Associateship of the Institute of Chemistry. During WW1 undertook work in connection with the production of benzol and toluol including the evaluation of coal tar for national purposes.
- Date of birth
- Place of birth Ref: *3
- 73, Stoke Newington Road, London.
- Date of death Ref: *3
- 14th September 1938
- Place of death Ref: *3
- Cricklewood, London.
- Obituary Ref: *3
J.Chem. Soc. 1939 203-224; The Analyst Vol. 63 No. 753. December 1938; Journal of the Royal Institute Of Chemistry January 1938 (with a picture).
- Family details Ref: *2
Son of John Givens Kirkaldy; married his 1st wife Frances Ann Corner (1863-1929) on 22 Dec. 1895, no children; married his 2nd wife Emily E. Crampton in 1929 at Willesden, no children.
- The King's College Daniell Scholarship founded in 1864 was awarded for outstanding research in chemistry with a payment of £20 for two years.
- His home address in 1895 was given as St. Martin's Lane, London. Prof. Kirkaldy's funeral was reported in the The Times 19 Sept. 1938. Mr. S. T. Shovelton (Secretary) represented Kings College, London.
- Proc. Of Chemical Society (Great Britain) 1909
- Marriage Certificate
- The Analyst Vol. 63 No. 753. December 1938