Heneage Gibbes, Heneage
- First name(s)
- Heneage Gibbes
- Position(s) held at King's College London
- Curator of museum of Anatomy (1881-1883) Ref: *1 *2
Education & professional details
- MB and CM, Aberdeen (1879)
- MD, Aberdeen (1881)
- RCP (1879) Ref: *4 *5
- Position(s) held (non King's College London)
- Lecturer on Physiology, and Normal Morbid Histology, Westminster Hospital (1883-) Ref: *2 *4
- Cholera Commissioner, India (1884) Ref: *4
- Professor of Pathology, University of Michigan (1887-1895) Ref: *3
- Professor, Theory and Practice of Medicine and Pathology, Michigan College of Medicine (1895-) Ref: *4
- City Health Officer, Michigan (c.1895-) Ref: *4
Gibbes wrote widely on the subjects of Tuberculosis, cancer, pneumonia, the hemolymph nodes, and actinomvcosis. Ref: *4
- Regular contributor, Quarterly Journal of Microscopical Science
- Practical Histology and Pathology (Philadelphia, Blakiston: 1881)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Berrow, Somerset
- Date of death
- 18 July 1912
- Family details
Son of the Reverend Gibbes. Ref: *4 Married to Jesse E. and father to Jessie. B. Ref: *6
- Secretary’s In-Correspondence, KA/IC/G77, KA/IC/G78, KA/IC/G82, King’s College Archives.
- H. Willoughby Lyle, King’s and Some King’s Men (Oxford and London: Oxford University Press and Humphrey Milford, 1935), 171, 173.
- "Heneage Gibbes", Faculty History Project, https://www.lib.umich.edu/faculty-history/faculty/heneage-gibbes. [Accessed 16 August 2017].
- Wilfred Byron Shaw, The University of Michigan, an Encyclopedic Survey ...: pt. 3. College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, I. pt. 4. College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, II. Summer session. pt. 5. Medical School. University Hospital. Law School (UM Libraryies, 1951), 887-890.
- The Medical Register 1883, 360
- 1871 England Census
Photograph: Heneage Gibbs, before 1895. University of Michigan/ WikipEDIA Commons.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Gibbes%2C_Heneage.jpg. [Public Domain]