Davidson, Sara Mildred
- First name(s)
- Sara Mildred
- Position(s) held at King's College London Ref: *2
Lecturer of Domestic Economy to the King's College Ladies' Department, Lent Term 1893
Education & professional details
- Syllabus of lectures on Domestic Economy... to be given by Miss S M Davidson etc, 1892
- Monthly Balance Sheets, 1894
- Date of death Ref: *1
- July 1893
Notes Ref: *5
Although there is very little information on Sara Davidson, her impressive course syllabus was printed in the King's College London (Ladies) Calendar, and is worth summarising:
- Domestic Economy - the real meaning. Intelligent women... not domestic drudges.
- House Structure, windows, stairs, roof, fittings.
- Quality: carpets etc. How to maintain
- Furniture and china: commercial and practical value.
- Fuel: candles, lamp oil, regulation of consumption.
- Arranging commissariat to suit circle, seasons, climate, locality.
- Staff: qualities etc.
- Children's minds: plastic, each look, word... a future harvest.
- Ladies - their own upper gardener, with head or hand.
- Poultry keeping: does it pay?
- Carriages: help for those who must have both, or neither.
- Accounts: the bane of most ladies. How to grapple.
Samples will be handed round.
- KW/M 3rd November 1893
- KW/M 1st July 1892 and Lent Term 1893
- (13.1) OCLC WorldCat member Libraries 1892
- (13.2) OCLC WorldCat member Libraries 1894
- King's College London (Ladies) Calendar for 1892-1893: Syllabus