PDFThe Birth Of The Tank (Part 2): Fuller, J F C
This selection represents the second part of Fuller 1/1, a bound volume of correspondence, reports, memoranda, maps and plans, mostly relating to the early development, testing, training and tactics associated with the introduction of the tank in World War One.
John Frederick Charles Fuller (1878-1966) - later raised to the rank of Major General - was assigned to the Heavy Branch (Tank Corps) in 1916, and was instrumental in planning the tank attack at Cambrai in 1917 and tank operations in 1918.
John Frederick Charles Fuller (1878-1966)
Related Archive catalogue
Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: World War One (1914-1918)
- Region: Europe
- Theme (Main): Conflict & Military Operations
- Theme (Main): Training & Education
- Subject: Armoured Warfare
- Subject: History of Doctrine
- Subject: Strategy & Tactics
- Item: Manuscript Document
- Information: Report/Paper