'IN RUHLEBEN CAMP' magazine, issue number 2 Sunday June 27th 1915 page 45. To the left of the title 'Official Notices,' is a figure of a man with a drum and a cymbal. Copies of letters from James Gerard Ambassador of the United States of America in Berlin and the appointed auditor confirming that the Camp funds were correctly recorded and a true account.
A stop press notice at the bottom of the page states that card playing is strictly forbidden.
IN RUHLEBEN CAMP Magazine ISSUE No2 Sunday June 27th 1915. The second edition of the magazine produced by Allied internees of the camp, situated a few miles outside Berlin. The magazine reflects the cultural, sporting and musical life of the camp and includes caricatures and advertisements.
Collection Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: World War One (1914-1918)
- Region: Europe
- Theme (Main): Cultures & Customs
- Theme (Main): Daily Life
- Subject: Civilians & Civ-Mil Relations
- Subject: Music
- Subject: Prisoners of War/Internment
- Subject: Sport & Recreation
- Item: Printed Pamphlet/Booklet
- Information: Advertisement
- Information: Report/Paper