PDFIsacke Diaries, 1897 (Part 2): Isacke, H
This second selection of diary entries from February and March 1897 was compiled by Hubert Isacke (1872-1943).
Isacke was an army officer who served on the North West Frontier of British India, 1897-1898. Following service in the Second Boer War, Isacke served as a staff officer and Director of Staff Duties and Training, Army Headquarters, India until 1920.
This selection describes Isacke's life in Britain including army parades, reviewing confidential documents and sport including polo.
dance, camp, secrecy/confidentiality, theatre, planning, weather, gun, rest and relaxation, shooting, sentries/guards, earthquake, inspection
Isacke 1897 00106
Related Archive catalogue
Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: Peacetime
- Region: Europe
- Theme (Main): Daily Life
- Theme (Main): Ethics, Religion & Morality
- Theme (Main): History of Photography
- Theme (Main): Training & Education
- Theme (Main): Travel & Exploration
- Subject: Parades, Drills & Manoeuvres
- Subject: Sport & Recreation
- Subject: Transport
- Item: Manuscript Document
- Information: Diary