Rollover or tap image to see magnified area.
Item Reference: Lt Colonel George Woods' India album/10
Album page with a note from Woods on how he went on leave in 1893 to visit his brother in Assam and also visited Darjeeling on the return journey. The page has a photograph of men sitting on the grass in front of a bungalow captioned "Group at managers Bungalow, [Mckum] Tea Company, [Beking] Bridge, Upper Assam, June 1893." From a photograph album of collected photographs in the period Sep 1889-Jul 1894.
This first collection of images from Lt Colonel George Woods' India album includes photographs of landscapes, hunting, mountain ranges and domestic life from the 1890s.
Collection Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: Peacetime
- Country: India
- Theme (Main): Cultures & Customs
- Theme (Main): Daily Life
- Theme (Main): Empire & Commonwealth
- Theme (Main): Natural World
- Subject: Animals & The Natural World
- Subject: Family & Home
- Subject: Logistics
- Subject: Parades, Drills & Manoeuvres
- Subject: Sport & Recreation
- Subject: Transport
- Item: Photographic (album)
- Information: Visual