Photograph of three British Army chaplains (Church of England, Roman Catholic and Presbyterian) with burial party at graveside of four dead soldiers. No 2724. From a collection of official photographs of the Dardanelles Expedition, 1915-1916.
Another batch of official photography covering the Dardanelles Campaign during World War One. The photographs include images of prisoners of war, naval ships, graves and the daily life of soldiers.
Collection Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: World War One (1914-1918)
- Region: Europe
- Theme (Main): Conflict & Military Operations
- Theme (Main): Ethics, Religion & Morality
- Theme (Main): Science & Technology
- Subject: Animals & The Natural World
- Subject: Death & Dying
- Subject: Logistics
- Subject: Naval, Sea & Ships
- Subject: Prisoners of War/Internment
- Item: Photographic (loose)
- Information: Visual