Tented encampment - in the foreground there is a corrugated iron building. Each tent is fortified by what appears to be a dry stone wall. The perimeter of the camp is indicated by a number of flag poles. The Union Jack can be seen on a flag pole to the right of the photograph.
The fourth part of the Volunteer series, explores the life of Granville Craig in the Second Boer War. Images include encampments, landscapes, scenes on board ship and groups of soldiers.
Collection Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: Second Boer War (1899-1902)
- Country: South Africa
- Theme (Main): Conflict & Military Operations
- Theme (Main): Empire & Commonwealth
- Theme (Main): Travel & Exploration
- Subject: Animals & The Natural World
- Subject: Naval, Sea & Ships
- Subject: Sport & Recreation
- Subject: Transport
- Item: Photographic (album)
- Information: Visual