In the foreground of this photograph on the left hand side three soldiers are facing forward they are standing in a tarpaulin covered wagon. In front of them can be viewed the corner of a steel vehicle with large rivets. To the right of the photograph there is a ditch and an area of scrubland and trees. In the background in front of the trees is a building (possibly part of the sidings) alongside which flies the Union Jack.
The fourth part of the Volunteer series, explores the life of Granville Craig in the Second Boer War. Images include encampments, landscapes, scenes on board ship and groups of soldiers.
Collection Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: Second Boer War (1899-1902)
- Country: South Africa
- Theme (Main): Conflict & Military Operations
- Theme (Main): Empire & Commonwealth
- Theme (Main): Travel & Exploration
- Subject: Animals & The Natural World
- Subject: Naval, Sea & Ships
- Subject: Sport & Recreation
- Subject: Transport
- Item: Photographic (album)
- Information: Visual