Leewurs point blockhouse. Captain Parr can be seen in the foreground. The photograph is annotated 'note empty meat and jam tins hanging on the barbed wire to give the alarm if wires were interfered with by night.'. July 1901.
This second part of the Volunteer series, explores the career of Granville Craig in the Second Boer War. Images include fortifications and trenches, the destruction of Boer buildings and a Boer attack on a train.
Collection Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: Second Boer War (1899-1902)
- Country: South Africa
- Theme (Main): Conflict & Military Operations
- Theme (Main): Daily Life
- Theme (Main): Empire & Commonwealth
- Subject: Intelligence
- Subject: Logistics
- Subject: Reconnaissance & Surveying
- Subject: Transport
- Item: Photographic (album)
- Information: Visual