Black and white photograph of the destruction by dynamite of a Boer farmhouse. The photograph is entitled 'third explosion', July 1901.
This second part of the Volunteer series, explores the career of Granville Craig in the Second Boer War. Images include fortifications and trenches, the destruction of Boer buildings and a Boer attack on a train.
Collection Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: Second Boer War (1899-1902)
- Country: South Africa
- Theme (Main): Conflict & Military Operations
- Theme (Main): Daily Life
- Theme (Main): Empire & Commonwealth
- Subject: Intelligence
- Subject: Logistics
- Subject: Reconnaissance & Surveying
- Subject: Transport
- Item: Photographic (album)
- Information: Visual