Black and white photograph; 'Preparing to destroy a Boer farmhouse with dynamite. Farm as we found it', July 1901.
This second part of the Volunteer series, explores the career of Granville Craig in the Second Boer War. Images include fortifications and trenches, the destruction of Boer buildings and a Boer attack on a train.
Collection Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: Second Boer War (1899-1902)
- Country: South Africa
- Theme (Main): Conflict & Military Operations
- Theme (Main): Daily Life
- Theme (Main): Empire & Commonwealth
- Subject: Intelligence
- Subject: Logistics
- Subject: Reconnaissance & Surveying
- Subject: Transport
- Item: Photographic (album)
- Information: Visual