Black and white photograph of the troop ship 'Wakooli' bound for South Africa April 1901. Left Queenstown 5th April 1901.In the foreground there is a coiled rope on deck to the right of the photograph a man in uniform, cigarette in mouth and left hand held up to his head looks towards the photographer, to the left of the picture, standing near rope winding gear are three other men in uniform. To the stern of the ship is a large funnel.
A collection of photographs documenting a volunteer in the Boer War.
Collection Terms & Categories
- War/Campaign/Operation: Second Boer War (1899-1902)
- Country: South Africa
- Theme (Main): Conflict & Military Operations
- Theme (Main): Daily Life
- Subject: Animals & The Natural World
- Subject: Boundaries & Borders
- Subject: Counter-Insurgency
- Subject: Naval, Sea & Ships
- Subject: Transport
- Item: Photographic (album)
- Information: Memoir/Biography