Rollover or tap image to see magnified area.

  Item Reference: KCLCAL-1968-1969-263

Please note: The digitised calendars in this site have had their contents extracted using OCR (optical character recognition) and as a result, there may be occasional errors in the text. We are working on correcting these errors, but this may take some time.

Page content

BENEFACTIONS TO KING'S COLLEGE LONDON For benefactions prior to 1959 see earlier Calendars 1959 Professor Boxer and Mr Morrison Secretary to the Government of Kuching Sarawak number of letters The Alpine of Augsburg Germany An air jet sieving machine for the Department of Mechanical Engineering Mr Clee who attended the College during the last decade of the nine- teenth century £1 000 German bond to form the basis of Clee Bequest to be used at the discretion of the Principal for general College purposes Mr Clee subsequently gave five hundred £1 shares in National Provincial Bank Ltd Anonymous gift from Ά grateful Fellow' of some very fine early printed books for the College Library to commemorate the devoted and outstanding services to the College of Robert Hutton Librarian 1931-58 The Late Mr Carew Hunt legacy of £50 for the use of Council 1960 The Wellcome Trust grant of £120 000 towards the cost of the lease of 26-29 Drury Lane for housing the Department of Biophysics The Rockefeller Foundation further grant of up to $30 000 for research in Biophysics during the three-year period beginning October 1960 1961 Mr Cotty of the Diamond Producers' Association collection of about 100 counting diamonds for research by professor Champion in the Department of Physics The Nuffield Foundation £16 000 to enable the College to purchase the classical library of Professor Enk of Groningen Holland Mr Bloy of Johnson Bloy Ltd An annual prize of 20 gns for the best research student in Powder Science The Family of the Late Bishop John Wordsworth The absolute gift of books which were previously in the College on temporary loan and formerly in the possession of their father Miss Staunton gift of print of the front of the College The print was formerly owned by the late Canon Stevens of Southwark Cathedral former student of the College 279
ARCHIOS™ | Total time:0.1611 s | Source:database | Platform: NX