Rollover or tap image to see magnified area.

  Item Reference: KCLCAL-1890-1891-669

Please note: The digitised calendars in this site have had their contents extracted using OCR (optical character recognition) and as a result, there may be occasional errors in the text. We are working on correcting these errors, but this may take some time.

Page content

1882 νίί And it was further provided that there should be Council of the College con- sisting of the Governors for the time being the Treasurer for the time being and Twenty-four other members of the College to be elected as therein provided from time to time and that there should be Treasurer and Three Auditors who were to be members of the College And that the Council should have full power to direct and manage the affairs of the College and to appoint and remove if they should see occasion the Principal the Professors Tutors Masters the Secretary and all officers agents and servants of the College except the Treasurer and Auditors but that the appointment and removal of the Principal and Head Master should be confirmed by the Governors and also to make and alter bye-laws and regulations touching the government of the College the appointment and removal number and rank powers and duties stipends and emoluments of the several persons employed therein and in general touching all matters whatsoever regarding the College the interests of the Proprietors and Donors respectively And that no person who is not member of the Church of England should be competent to fill any office in the College except the professorships of oriental literature and modern languages and that in the admission of students preference should be given to the nominees of Proprietors and Donors but with no provision for reduction of fees to such nominees and that Proprietors and Donors of the First Class might transfer and transmit their shares and donations respectively subject to ana certain Council with right of pre-emption of such shares by the Council whenever they were offered for sale And whereas the College was opened in the year One thousand eight hundred and thirty-one after the necessary rom for Nine hundred and ninety-nine years at or adjacent to Somerset House and additions thereto have been made from time to time and junior department or School for boys under Head Master distinct from the senior department of the College for vouner men was established and also evening
ARCHIOS™ | Total time:0.0270 s | Source:cache | Platform: NX