Rollover or tap image to see magnified area.

  Item Reference: KCLCAL-1881-1882-67

Please note: The digitised calendars in this site have had their contents extracted using OCR (optical character recognition) and as a result, there may be occasional errors in the text. We are working on correcting these errors, but this may take some time.

Page content

ANNUAL REPORT G5 School Yorkshire and of Reading School-a gentleman whose high character and academical distinction and long and successful experience as Head Master give the Council every confidence that he will prove worthy successor to one who has raised the School to so high pitch of efficiency and prosperity Mr Clarke of Lincoln College Oxford has been appointed to the Mastership of the Lower First Form vacancy on the Staff having been occasioned by the resignation of Mr Fox Herr Dietert has been appointed Second German Master in the room of Herr Teutschel and Leon Delbos elected to the Third French Mastership on Gaboritfs promotion to the post of Second French Master vacated by Longuet who has been for some years Master in the School Mr Maxted has been appointed Lecturer in Physical Geography and Geology The Council have to acknowledge with sincere thanks the gift to the School from the Worshipful Company of Skinners of an Exhibition of 50Z tenable for three years at any place of higher education such Exhibition to be awarded for excellence in linguistic knowledge to the most deserving boy not already holding any similar benefaction The Council trust that the Court will receive with satisfaction this Report of the prosperous condition of the several Departments of the College and this satisfaction will they think be enhanced by the excellent reports received from the Principal and the Head Master of the general tone and discipline of the College and School II In relation to the second part of their Report the Council have to announce to the Court that they have resolved to attempt an important extension of the educational work of the College The year 1881 is the fiftieth year of that work-the College founded in 1829 having been actually opened in October 1831 In the first instance it consisted only of two Senior Departments-the Department of General Literature and Science and the Medical Department-with the Junior Ā£
ARCHIOS™ | Total time:0.1729 s | Source:database | Platform: NX