Rollover or tap image to see magnified area.

  Item Reference: KCLCAL-1861-1862-172

Please note: The digitised calendars in this site have had their contents extracted using OCR (optical character recognition) and as a result, there may be occasional errors in the text. We are working on correcting these errors, but this may take some time.

Page content

172 medical department XVII King's College Hospital King's College Hospital is situated in the densely-inhabited district which lies between the two great thoroughfares of Holborn and the Strand It is in the parish of St Clement Danes but receives Patients in large numbers from the sur- rounding parishes of St Giles St Mary-le-Strand St Andrew Holborn and St George Bloomsbury as well as from the populous parish of Lambeth It is also very largely resorted to by the poor from every part of London from the suburban districts and even from the country to the distance of many miles around the Metropolis It is well furnished with every means of practical instruction and all appointments of Resident Medical Officers Dressers and Clinical Clerks are under the regulations of the "King's College Hospital Act 1851 conferred on Pupils of King's College Committee of Management-1861 The Treasurer of King's Coll Hospital Wigram Esq The Principal of King's Coll London Rev Jelf TheChaplainofKing'sColl Hospital Rev Giraud Edmund Moore Esq Vice-Chairman Rev Benyon James Capel Esq Robert Cheere Esq William Cotton Esq Cunningham Esq Henry Erskine Esq Professor Fergusson Garnett Esq Heberden Esq Rev Major Professor Miller Moody Esq Sir Thomas Phillips Innes Pocock Esq Nathaniel Powell Esq Robert Pryor Esq Charles Robinson Esq Sambrooke Esq Smith Jun Esq John Stillwell Esq Vernon Harcourt Esq Capt Edward Walter Francis Wigg Esq Secretary -James Stephen Blyth Esq
ARCHIOS™ | Total time:0.0341 s | Source:cache | Platform: NX